Wow! So it kinda (read, totally) made my day when Christina of Floridays Mom left me a comment letting me know she nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award! I checked out her blog (which I normally do anyhow) to find out more about it.
In a nutshell, the Liebster Blog Award is an opportunity for bloggers to give a virtual high five to other aspiring bloggers with a chain letter kind of twist. “Liebster” is an old school way for saying “favorite” in German.
Here are the rules of the game:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 5 bloggers with 200 or less followers (I have no idea how to determine something like this…) to nominate.
5. Let each of the bloggers know that you’ve nominated them.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
So, vielen Dank, Christina (I couldn’t be nominated for a German named award without throwing in some German in there—I’m halfsies after all)! Vielen Dank = Many thanks. If you haven’t already, stop by Floridays Mom and visit Christina where she blogs about decorating her home and being a mom to a toddler boy (which I can definitely related to!) while living in the sunshine state.
I’m skipping the 11 facts (I’m not that interesting) and jumping ahead to the 11 questions. Here they are:
1. What’s the number one on your Christmas List
Hrm, my birthday just recently passed so I crossed off most of the things on my wish list. I’m really smitten with those multi-room speakers right now. But I think that will require some long-term savings.
2. Why did you start your blog
Well, The Hubs (below with his “angry face,” haha, he would so make me take that down if he were here!) went off for boot camp so I wanted to give myself a little project to help keep busy. And I thought I could use a little kick in the pants to motivate me to decorate my home. Nothing says motivation like publishing your progress on the blogosphere! Plus, I love reading home design blogs, why not start one? For the full deets, check out my About Me page.3. How did you come up with your blog name
The cornerstone of my blog is overcoming fear so I wanted to incorporate that into the title somehow. Friends also kindly helped vet the names. Most importantly, the domain Brave New Home was available for purchase! Below: another logo/tagline I played with before settling on the one I did.
4. What is your secret indulgence
It’s really no secret! I let myself indulge in the little goodies that can be found at Trader Joe’s. Cookie butter? Two totally unhealthy things combined in a jar that I can’t find a better use for other than to eat with a spoon? Yes, please.
5. Which of the four seasons do you look forward to the most
Fall! It’s the start of the birthday season at our house, the weather cools down a bit, squash hits the supermarket, and the kids come back to campus (I work at a university). I could go on and on and on…
6. What’s your biggest pet peeve
Not exactly a pet peeve but I get really anxious driving in parking lots.
7. What is your favorite decor
Lived-in, collected, and slightly global.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up
An archaeologist. I loved digging in the dirt : ]
9. Who makes you laugh the most and why
Right now, Anak (below, taking a self portrait. Guess he didn’t get the memo about taking self shots from above to make your face look slimmer, fatty). He’s a little silly. Lately, when I pause during a song to let him fill in the words, he pretends to burp. Yup, he’s all boy alright.
10. Name one thing on your bucket list
Hiking the glaciers of Patagonia. And most imminently, trying real white truffles.
11. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be
Japan! I’m moving there, too. I just don’t know when or how yet…
And my nominees are… drum roll please…
As for my 11 questions:
1. Ikat or Suzani?
2. How did you decide on your blogs name?
3. What’s your all time favorite blog?
4. If you could be featured in one home design magazine (print or online), which one would it be?
5. What’s your tool of choice?
6. Christmas tree. Real or fake?
7. Your least favorite color.
8. Your design god or goddess.
9. If my home scent was made into a candle, it would be…
10. Entering your house. Shoes on or off?
11. What type of camera do you use to take photos for your blog?